High Blood Pressure Treatments in Auckland
You've tried blood pressure medications and you still can't shake the things. If this is the case, it might be time to look at your lifestyle and make some changes. There are several ways to lower blood pressure naturally:
1. Stop smoking: This one should be obvious, but people who smoke have a higher blood pressure than those who don't which is why it's important to stop if you're a smoker. Nicotine increases blood pressure as well as decreases blood flow by causing blood vessels to narrow which worsens an already bad situation.
2. Modify your diet: You probably didn't know that eating too much salt could cause High Blood Pressure Treatments Auckland so it's no surprise more people aren't aware of this. The best way to reduce blood pressure is to limit sodium intake and increase potassium intake by eating bananas, oranges, or spinach. Another important thing to keep in mind while making dietary changes is that you shouldn't lose weight too quickly because even though being overweight causes blood pressure, extreme dieting can also raise blood pressure on its own.
3. Regular physical activity: One of the most overlooked ways to lower blood pressure comes from regular physical activity or exercise. You should aim for 30 minutes a day but don't expect your blood pressure reading to go down overnight. It will be a long process of slowly building up over time which means you may need patience and persistence if you want it lowered significantly
4. Cut out alcohol: You knew your blood pressure is going to increase when you go out and drink but did you know that the effects last up to two days? Even worse than that, alcohol can actually cause blood pressure levels to rise over time which is why it's not a good idea if blood pressure is already high.
5. Reduce stress: There are many ways to reduce stress such as meditation, yoga, or other relaxing activities such as taking bubble baths or curling up with a great book. Avoid stressful situations at all costs because they will only make your blood pressure worse in the long run so try getting enough sleep at night and sticking to a regular schedule during the day.
6. Keep fit: Losing weight and building muscles help lower blood pressure tremendously so don't skip the weight room. Angina Treatment Auckland Cardio exercises are good for blood pressure, but adding weights to your workout can amplify blood pressure benefits by improving blood flow and strengthening blood vessels at the same time. If you're not sure about what kind of weightlifting routine to do, ask someone at the gym or your family doctor.