Easy Ways to Use a Chest of Drawers in Any Room
A chest of drawers, also known as a dresser or a bureau, is one of the most useful, and many a times stylish, pieces of furniture to own. Tall or short, narrow or wide, a chest of drawers can be used for much more than storing just clothing. It can hold several small household objects to help give you an organized, hence a cleaner space. It's a piece on which you can explore your creativity, too, by refinishing, decoupaging, or rearranging the components to design a whole new look.
At Furniture Adda, you can buy custom furniture online and get a chest of drawers custom-made to fit your space to the T and to create a home of your dreams.
Here are two ways to decorate and take advantage of a chest of drawers around your home.
In the living room
The beauty of a chest of drawers is that you can move it from a bedroom to a living space without much fuss. There's no need to buy various storage furniture for every room when you have a perfectly good chest of drawers than needs a new home in another room. Click here to buy furniture online Delhi.
• Place a small, waist-high chest of drawers between two chairs or at the end of your sofa to serve as an end table.
• Use a long dresser as a console table placed at the back of your sofa; make sure that it’s either the same height or lower than your sofa's back.
• Store all the puzzles, games, art supplies, or magazines/books in the family room.
• Use a low, long chest of drawers as an entertainment center to place a television; drawers can hold electronic accessories.
• Turn a chest of drawers of any size into a bar; check if the shelves are removable and then remove one of the drawers to fit or make a wine holder or rack.
In the home office
Most of us are working from home and are going to work from home for the good. If you are like most of us, or you just need extra space for projects and crafts, take your displaced chest of drawers and put it to work for you. Luckily you don't have to abide by cubicle rules; you can personalize your office with your style.
• Transform a chest of drawers as storage for files and office supplies.
• Alter a dresser as a writing desk by taking off the front piece of the top drawer; use the surface for writing or to hold a keyboard.
• You can also use these to store painting supplies, fabric, scissors, color pens, scotch tape, gift wrap supplies, bolts of ribbons, and tags.