Tools to manage your customer orders
Attending an order is equal to listening to your customers. A company's failure to manage customer orders lowers customers’ trust and reliability. It also highlights a company's ability to achieve business goals. Here, we will discuss the tools and tips that can help you manage your customer orders. But first, let's fully understand customer order management.
What is Order Management and its Purpose?
There are many steps involved in an order's completion. It includes inquiry, point of sale, shipment, delivery, and settlement of bills. All of these steps have to be efficiently fulfilled to achieve order completion. Order management requires specific methods and optimized processes to meet order fulfillment. The purpose of order management is to:
• Improve order accuracy
• Manage orders
• Enhance work efficiency
• Achieve customer satisfaction
In short, you can say that order management is all about handling orders competently. Now, let's check some tools to improve the order management of your wholesale business:
Tools to Manage Customer Orders
· CRM & POS
It is not possible to manually handle customer orders in a wholesale platform business. From inquiry to sale, you can have different management tools.
Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Point of Sale (POS) tools for customer orders' initial stage. Combine these tools to achieve the following goals:
• Keep track of your customer's buying history to capitalize on your customer's preferences.
• Boost customer experience
• Strengthen customer relationship
• Develop campaigns in the target market
• Customize promotions to upsell related products
· Inventory Management Software (IMS)
An Inventory Management Software helps you manage your inventory-related tasks. Business owners mainly use IMS to:
• Handle the process of receiving new stock and determine where it should be stored.
• Assign a unique identification number to all the items.
• Manage the location of the products
• Track the batch number, expiration date, and other details of products
A reliable IMS, such as SeeBiz Inventory, can help you achieve all these tasks and more. Why do we recommend SeeBiz Inventory? Because it has the following features:
• Simple user interface. It is easy to use, making it suitable for beginners or newbies.
• Order management. Manage online and offline orders, create purchase orders, and backorders.
• Reorder Alerts. Get notifications when a particular product reaches its Reorder Point.
• Contacts Management. Import, export, synchronize, and communicate with your business contacts.
• Bills and Emails. Create invoices and send emails within the system.
• Packaging and shipping. Track order confirmation, packaging, and shipping.
· Order Management System (OMS)
Order management systems are used to handle e-commerce customer orders. Mostly OMS is designed to handle customer orders only. Benefits of using an order management system include:
• Option to download order data from each sales channel (e-commerce platforms and marketplaces)
• Providing data on orders that need to be shipped
• Generating shipping documents such as invoices, shipping labels, packing slips, and customs documentation for international orders.
· Shipping tools
Shipping tools are similar to order management systems. However, shipping tools have some additional features. Some shipping tools features include:
• Integration with multiple shipping carriers.
• Comparison between shipping services.
• Accurately printing shipping labels in bulk.
• I Enhancing shipping performance
Efficient management of customer orders is difficult to achieve. However, with advanced tools and systems, you can handle your customer orders flow easily. We hope that the above information will help you improve your customer order management system. Do let us know which of these tools was the most helpful.