Things You Should Know Before Selecting Any Pregnancy Shoes
There are numerous changes your body goes through during pregnancy. One of these changes is the increase in weight. The weight gain can cause your feet to increase in size and hurt. The most effective and feasible thing you can do to protect your feet during pregnancy is to put on comfortable shoes. Find out things you should know about the importance of comfortable shoes for pregnancy in this article.
Why Is It Important To Choose Comfortable Shoes For Pregnancy?
The importance of having the best shoes for pregnancy can't be overstated. As your body expands and shapes, your center of gravity also changes. This is not just affecting your walking style. However, it can also impact your ankles, back, and feet. So, it's imperative to select comfortable shoes during pregnancy to avoid the following signs of pregnancy:
• Swelling of Feet and Legs
• Varicose Veins
• Sprain or Trauma to the Ligament
• Heel Pain
Qualities of Maternity Footwear
A pair of happy feet during pregnancy is an improved you. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to the following characteristics of your maternity footwear:
• It is recommended to purchase shoes that are a size or half larger than the actual size. This is due to the fact that your feet could expand as you get pregnant, making your size of shoe uncomfortable for you. So, a larger shoe can make the feet more relaxed and comfortable.
• It is advised to look for shoes with a high ankle and arch support. Shoes that provide adequate support will not just offer the comfort you need but will also lessen the joint discomforts and pains that can be experienced during your pregnancy.
• The most appropriate type of shoe to consider during pregnancy is slip-on. They can be worn after you have started in your third trimester. This can make bending an extremely difficult job. It is possible to slip on your shoes without having to bend and without causing any discomfort.
Can You Wear High Heels During Pregnancy?
No, it's not recommended to wear heels when you are pregnant; as you gain weight and weigh more, the body's center of gravity shifts. The shift in your gravity can cause you to walk slower. The stretched ligaments during pregnancy could cause the joints and muscles to become unstable.
Therefore, these changes in your body can cause you to be more prone to falling if you're wearing heels. Every fall during pregnancy could be devastating for the mommy-to-be but could be dangerous for the baby she is expecting as well. It is therefore not advisable to wear heels when pregnant.
Tips for Selecting Pregnancy Shoes
• It is preferential to go for shoes that are flat. However, in the event that you can't wear flats, it is suggested to go for low- and wide-heeled shoes.
• Don't buy shoes that have more than two inches of heel, and ensure that the heels of your shoes aren't pointed.
• The wide, low-heeled heels assist your feet and allow you to evenly distribute your body weight. This also aids in reducing pain and keeps you from falling.
• If you're not able to find the correct type of arch support to fit your feet, then you can wear insoles with your normal shoes to support your feet.
• Find Pregnancy Shoes that let your feet breathe and don't cause your feet to sweat. Canvas or mesh footwear are great choices.
• Find shoes that have a larger toe area instead of narrow or clinched areas that squeeze your toes.
• If you prefer to keep your style easy and casual, you can choose flat sandals. Sandals let your feet breathe as well.