A Simple Way to Connect Canon Printer Using ij.start.canon
Canon ij printer is a complete solution for multiple works that you can easily learn to set up from ij.start.canon and get a better experience. This is the official online support site that provides you Canon products’ online manuals, function information, and more. What’s more at the https //ij.start.canon site is download and installation steps for Canon ij setup that is required for the complete Canon set up process. So check out the more steps below.
Canon Printer Setup for Windows (Wireless) – ij.start.canon User Manual
The Setup of Canon Printers is an effortless task to do. Furthermore, you have to follow a few steps in order to accomplish your setup.
- To begin, go to ij.start.canon setup’ and download and install the driver for your printer.
- Turn on your Canon printer and make sure the power switch is properly inserted.
- Then, open the downloaded driver setup file and go to the screen where you can pick “Wireless Setup.”
- Return to the Canon printer’s screen and press the WiFi configuration button after you’ve selected the wireless option.
- After you’ve chosen the device settings, click OK.
- Then, go to Device Settings>LAN Settings and click the ‘OK’ button.
- LAN Settings>Wireless Lan Setup, and then press the ‘OK’ button. Your printer will now attempt to locate an access point.
- Verify that your WiFi router is turned on. The printer’s WiFi flash lamp will now blink.
- Following that, the screen will display a network list. Select your WiFi network from the list and press the ‘OK’ button.
- It will now ask for your WPA/WEP key (WiFi password). Fill in your correct password here, then click the ‘OK’ button.
- In a few moments, your printer will join the WiFi network.
- As a consequence, by following the above directions, you will be able to easily complete Canon ij wireless setup for your Windows PC.
Canon Printer Driver Downloading Process
The first step is to turn on the computer and connect to your selected wireless network. Now, open a secure internet browser to protect your privacy from security flaws. You can choose from Chrome, Safari, Edge Chromium, Opera, Internet Explorer, and other browsers.
- The ij.start.canon provides free access to Canon printer drivers that are compatible with your printer. As a result, you must type ij.start.canon into your browser’s address bar and see the Setup tab.
- After that, you must click the Setup tab to get to the Product Selection box. As a result,
- select Setup to proceed to the next stage.
- Once it’s fully operational, you’ll notice a search field in the center of the screen that you must fill out with your exact product model number. Therefore, verify the model number by looking at the label on the printer’s rear. Then press the ‘Go button’.
- Additionally, you will see the ij.start.canon Download box on your PC. Double-check the Operating System field and make any necessary changes as soon as possible. Now, click the Download button to begin the program download.
- Henceforth, users are recommended not to switch between windows or run other programs in the future, as this may slow down the internet and cause the download of the ij.start.canon file to take longer. When you’re finished, you’ll be allowed to save the file in a secure folder of your choice.
How to Install Canon Printer Drivers ?
- First, check into the exact location where you previously saved the ij.start.canon setup file. Hence, double-click the file to open it, and the main installer window for the Canon application will appear shortly.
- Second, double-check the Language and Region settings you’ve chosen. If any of the details are incorrect, correct them right away. Afterward, you’ll be directed to the Printer Detection window after clicking Next.
- Because your printer is already connected to the computer, your printer’s name will appear on the screen. Check the wifi or wired connections if this isn’t the case. Therefore, you will be taken to the Software list box for ij.start.canon setup after selecting the printer.
- Furthermore, the software Installation window can be found in XPS Drivers, Easy-Web Print EX, User’s Manual, MP Drivers, and other checkboxes. Thus, mark the checkboxes, then touch Next to see the License Agreement window appear on your screen.
- Finally, by hitting ‘Yes,’ you agree to the license agreement terms. Therefore, the Firewall window will appear, and you will need to enable the Permit checkbox in order to allow the driver installation. Hence, this will start the Software Installation procedure, and when it’s finished, click Finish.
Steps To Connect Canon IJ Printer on Windows Via USB
Let’s start following the below-provided course of action to accurately setup your ij.start.canon via USB:
- First of all, download the Canon printer driver & complete the installation process appropriately.
- Now, in the next, let’s connect your printer to Windows PC using a USB Cable.
- Thereafter, open the “Run” dialog box on your Windows and type Control Panel.
- After clicking the “OK” tab, select Control Panel to open it.
- Now, from the provided options, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Doing this you can see your printer with a green check-mark.
- If you won’t see your printer in the given list, click “Add a printer” to add it manually.
- Finally, your printer will be added and ready to ship high-quality print paper.
How To Connect Your Canon Printer To Wi-Fi
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup allows to establish a connection between the printer and the computer using a wireless network. Connecting Canon Printer over a wireless network has the advantage of printing anywhere from any smart device. If you want to print a document from your smart device, select it, and print it in just a few seconds.
There are two techniques, namely as Standard Connection method and the WPS method to connect the Canon Printer over a wireless network.
Steps to Connect my Canon Pixma Printer to WiFi
- Turn on the printer. To do this, press the Power button accessible on the top of the Control Panel.
- Wait till the printer’s Control Panel displays.
- Click on Maintenance after clicking on the Setup icon.
- Select the Wireless LAN Setup option within the Maintenance menu.
- Begin the connection process by clicking on the Access point
- From the list of available devices, select the Canon Printer option.
- Enter the password
- When the connecting process completes, press OK.
- Now, a message will appear that the printer has connected to the Access point.
- Click on the Next option to install the driver.
- Wait till the Setup Guide installation window opens.
- The printer must be connect to the Access Point correctly to begin the installation process.
- Choose the Place of residence option after selecting Next.
- Modify the driver settings as per the requirements and click on the Next option.
- Read and Agree to Terms and Conditions displaying on the screen.
- Installation progress status will appear on the screen.
- Click on Complete to close the installation process window.
- The printer name will be displayed in the list of available devices after completing the installation process.
- After a while, the printer will start printing a test page to check if the driver installation was successful.
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup using the WPS method
- First, ensure that the Access point has a physical WPS button, and your wireless network must have the Wi-Fi Protected Access or WPA2 security protocol.
- Turn on the Canon Printer.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button accessible on the Control Panel of the printer until the Power light starts to blink.
- Press the Back button, and then press the Wi-Fi button to setup the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer.
- Make sure that the Power light must blink slowly and the Wi-Fi lamp quickly.
- Once both the lamps start to blink, then press the WPS button on the Access point within two minutes.
- After pressing the WPS button on the Access point, the Wi-Fi lamp will start to blink in blue color.
- When the lamps stop blinking, it means that the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup is successful. After the successful connection of the printer to the wireless network, the Wi-Fi and Power lamp will remain stable.
- Now your Canon Printer is ready to scan, print, copy, or fax after the completion of Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup process.
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup using the Standard Connection (WPA2 Security Protocol) method
- Press the Power button of the printer to switch it on.
- Go to the Control Panel of the printer and press the Home button.
- Choose the WLAN Setup option using the up and down arrow keys.
- Press the Function button accessible on the left side of the Control Panel.
- The Wi-Fi lamp will blink in blue color after establishing the connection.
- Now, the Canon Printer will start to search its nearby available Access points.
- Press and hold the Stop/Reset button for a short time.
- Select the Standard Setup option and press the OK button.
- The Canon Printer will search its nearby available wireless networks.
- Choose the Access point using the arrow keys and then press OK.
- Press the Left Function button to start the searching again if you are unable to find your wireless network.
- Enter the Network Key of your wireless network. Ensure to enter the correct Network Key because it is case-sensitive.
- Press done after entering the Network Key.
To complete the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup process, press the Left Function button accessible on the Control Panel of the Canon Printer.
So you can learn here How to Connect Printer to Wifi for Canon Printer.