Types of search optimization
Search optimization of the site is divided into two types: internal and external. Both options are of great importance for promoting the site and, accordingly, attracting new customers. In today's world, users find most products on the Internet thanks to search engines. However, no one will scroll through dozens of pages to find exactly your site. Therefore, it is important to be in the first positions in search results. For this, it is necessary to optimize the internal and external parameters of the site, which are taken into account when assessing its relevance. Therefore, let's analyze what internal and external site optimization is and what their features are.
Internal site optimization
This type of optimization involves taking measures aimed at improving the content of the site, as search engines have a number of requirements that they implicitly impose on various resources. Therefore, focusing on them, you need to carry out some work with the site, which will lead not only to an increase in the number of visits to your resource, but also to the improvement of other equally important parameters.
Actions to be performed in the process of internal search optimization of the site:
- resource audit (technical, usability and SEO)
- tags (including keywords)
- keywords (used to promote not only the site as a whole, but its specific pages)
- internal links (link mass should be evenly distributed on all pages of the site)
- content (the text must be unique, the key query is also included in the content according to the rules of basic optimization, but be careful not to overdo it and do not enter the keys too often)
- snippet (something like an announcement that can interest the reader and encourage them to go to your portal)
External site optimization
Although internal optimization brings its results, and it is quite effective in itself, but it is not possible to solve all problems with its help. Therefore, there are also methods of external site optimization. The latter differs from the previous one in that it is not aimed at improving work within the service, but at placing links on other resources.
The main task of external optimization is to increase and control the referral mass of the resource. It's no secret that when ranking sites, the number and quality of external links to a resource is far from the last factor that search engines pay attention to. Therefore, it is quite logical that search engines trust more those sources that are linked by other authoritative resources.
But the choice of external links should be approached very carefully, as a large number of links from low-quality sources to the site can lead to a backlash, which in turn can negatively affect the site's position in search results. In addition, the links should be competently designed, that is, they should be unobtrusively located in the text or comments and placed on similar thematically related resources.
Therefore, the following methods can be attributed to external optimization:
- analytics (makes it possible to understand the reasons why the site is not promoted)
- crowd marketing (posting external links on forums, social networks, various comments and reviews)
- link building (involves the placement of external links to other sites of a similar subject)
- price aggregators (allows you to compare products and their prices from different sellers with the ability to go to the page of each of them)
- PR tools (create an opinion about the company, rate it)
contextual advertising (shows ads similar in subject matter to the advertised resource)
Carrying out internal and external optimization of the site is an effective way to promote the resource in search engines. Therefore, if you decide to do it yourself, you need to remember such aspects as:
- you should analyze not only your site, but also your competitors
the semantic core must be composed correctly so as not to kill the readability of the text
- it is important to place only unique and useful content on the resource, as well as to provide a convenient interface
- the text needs to be structured and formatted, you can add pictures, videos, tables, etc. to it.
- compile the metadata correctly
- do not forget about internal and external links to pages (the former provide convenience of navigation on the site, the latter contribute to its promotion).