What is Identity and Access Management, and Why are they Significant?
Identity and Access Management (IAM), as the name suggests, is a framework that is used by IT enterprises to manage identities and access privileges. It enables the management to protect sensitive data and control resource access among the employees.
IAMs have to be mandatorily installed in any IT enterprise to avoid huge losses of any sensitive data as it will have a deeply negative impact on the revenue of the company.
Are you still confused about the IAM solution? Here are some of the basic purposes of an Identity and Access management solution.
● One of the main duties of IAM is to protect all the data in the company.
● Providing identities to the individuals and how they can access the resources based on their identities.
● Assigning privileged access and restricting access when necessary.
● Managing and maintaining the access control to increase the productivity of the company.
These are some of the chief duties of an IAM solution. Just like how physical security needs devices such as access control locks, mechatronics locks, and smart padlocks, your organization also needs an identity and access management to monitor all the activities inside the organization.
Below are some of the advantages of having an IAM solution for your enterprises.
Advantages of Using IAM for Your IT Enterprises
● Overall, an IAM system protects the data of your organization and makes sure only authorized and authenticated users can access the resources.
● It increases the productivity of your IT enterprise because employees are given customized access to resources based on their job requirements.
● Organizations can monitor and maintain all the activities such as access to resources and data transfers to ensure that there are no data breaches.
● It is easier for companies to add new user identities and remove them in case if the employees leave the company.
● The companies can choose from a wide range of authentication processes such as passcodes, multi-faceted authentication, biometrics, and more.
● IT enterprises can provide privileged access or restrict access based on the current needs of the company.
These are some of the benefits of using identity and access management for your IT enterprise. If you are in search of a reliable security company, then reach out to Acsys International for IECEx standard security solutions, access control locks, IAMs, and mechatronic locks.