Waste Collection & Sorting Equipment Market - Global Industry Outlook 2027
Waste Collection & Sorting Equipment Market: Introduction
- Waste management is a universal issue faced by various countries worldwide. Poorly managed waste is contaminating the oceans, clogging drains, spreading diseases, increasing the incidence of respiratory issues through airborne particles generated from burning of waste, and affecting the overall economic growth.
- Furthermore, rapid urbanization and growth of population have created large population centers, making it more and more difficult to collect waste and to procure land for waste treatment and disposal
- Thus, in order to curb issues related to waste management, use of waste collection and sorting equipment is required. A waste sorting equipment segregates waste into dry waste and wet waste. The dry waste is further segregated into degradable waste and non-degradable waste.
- The degradable waste is degraded, while the non-degradable waste is sent to recycling centers
Key Drivers of Global Waste Collection & Sorting Equipment Market
- Stringent government regulations regarding waste management are anticipated to fuel the demand for waste collection & sorting equipment in the next few years. Sorting equipment help segregate recyclable waste, which can be reused or recycled. This, in turn, can reduce the overall waste generation.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
- In 2019, Bezner delivered a turnkey project involving use of a mixed waste sorting machine to Suez, a player based in Belgium. The machine comprised two screens to sort the waste into three sizes. Depending on its fraction size, the waste is either cleaned by a magnetic overband system and separated into heavy waste and light waste by a wind shifter, or directly fed to the sorting cabin ready for handpicking.
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Waste Collection & Sorting Equipment Market
- Based on region, the global waste collection & sorting equipment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global waste collection & sorting equipment market in 2018. Government regulations in the region are strict and the region has a wide installed base of recycling and composting centers.
- Moreover, countries in Europe have high technological capacities, more stringent environment-related regulations, and stricter enforcement authorities
- North America held a significant share of the global waste collection & sorting equipment market in 2018. In the U.S., waste collection is typically carried out with the help of trucks, door-to-door services, or central drop-off points. The collected waste is then shifted to larger trucks at transfer stations or sorting facilities to transport large quantities of waste over long distances more effectively.
- Asia Pacific was a highly attractive region of the global waste collection & sorting equipment market in 2018. Increasing population and urbanization has driven the generation of waste significantly. Also, some of the countries in the region have improper facilities for waste disposal and management.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America are estimated to hold minor shares of the global waste collection & sorting equipment market during the forecast period. The market in these regions is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to low population and developing waste management infrastructure in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Waste Collection & Sorting Equipment Market
- Coparm Srl
- Kingtiger (Shanghai) Environmental Technology Co., Ltd.
- Green Machine Sales LLC
- Beston (Henan) machinery Co., Ltd.
- CP Manufacturing, Inc.
- MSS, Inc.
- WASTE SORTING