5xxx series Aluminum Alloy
5XXX series aluminum is a high magnesium alloy with good strength, good corrosion resistance and machinability among non-heat treatable alloys. The surface is beautiful after anodizing treatment. The main alloying element of the 5-series alloy is magnesium, which has good corrosion resistance and weldability and medium strength.
The main component of 5000 series aluminum plate is magnesium, and the content is between 3% and 5%. 5000 series aluminum plate is also called aluminum-magnesium alloy.
- 5000 series aluminum sheet has low density, high tensile strength and high elongation.
- 5000 series aluminum plate is a commonly used and mature series in China.
- Features of 5000 series aluminum sheet
1. Good corrosion resistance. The 5 series aluminum plate is the most acid and alkali corrosion resistant among the 8 series aluminum plates, which makes the 5 series aluminum plate suitable for the environment that most aluminum plates cannot adapt to, and greatly expands the application range of aluminum materials.
2. Good workability. 5 series aluminum plate has high plasticity and good processing performance, and can adapt to bending, stamping, stretching and other processing methods. 3. Good thermal conductivity. 5 series aluminum plate has excellent thermal conductivity and is the best material for making equipment shell and radiator.
4. Strong pressure resistance. The hardness of the 5 series aluminum plate is higher than that of the 8 series aluminum plate, which can be further processed to improve the strength. It is the main material for making high-end mobile phone and computer casings.
5 series aluminum plate parameters
5005, 5052, 5082, 5083, 5454, 5754,5A02,5A03, 5A05, 5A83, etc.